The Eco backwash tank is a translucent vertical 500l or 1000l tank. The difference between a backwash tank and a standard water tank is found in the configuration off the fittings. The backwash tank has a second 20mm outlet positioned 100mm above the standard tank bottom outlet. The standard bottom outlet is plugged with a stopper. While the higher 20mm outlet is fitted with a ball valve and garden clip hose fitting. The tank is manufactured in a natural translucent material to allow viewing of the water level.
How does it work?
Once the backwash and rinse cycles have been completed, you simply allow the sediment filled water to settle overnight. After the sediment has settled and the water in the backwash tank is clear, you drain the water back into your swimming pool. Once a month you can rinse any sediment buildup in the tank, by draining the water out of the bottom fitting.
What are the advantages?
- Up to 90% reduction in pool water top ups.
- Chemical consuption reduction due to the water being drained back to the pool with all the chemicals you’ve been adding.
- Backwash frequency can increase due to the water that is retained in the backwash tank.
- Between 500l and 1000l of valuable water is saved every backwash cycle. (Equivalent to an entire pool fill in one year)
- Families can enjoy the pool without the weight of water abuse and shortage in certain areas.
Generally, the backwash and rinse cycles can be completed in 3-4 minutes.
0.56kw 13,000l/h @6m +/- 200l per minute
0.75kw 15,000l/h @6m +/- 250l per minute
1,10kw 18,000l/h @6m +/- 300l per Minute
Head Office Contact Details
T: 043 745 0413
F: 086 764 6620
P.O. Box 12443, Amalinda, 5252
28 Osmond Road, Wilsonia, East London, 5201
EAST LONDON | CAPE TOWN | PIETERMARITZBURG | GQEBERHA | PRETORIA